Cognitive Therapy Wellness Program
The way in which a person’s brain ages is determined not just by genetics but by environmental and lifestyle choices. Cognitive activity has been shown to impact neuronal structure in a positive way. Support for cognitive training programs has risen because of results from experimental studies that demonstrated large and lasting effects on both memory performance and increased self-efficacy on memory tasks. To enhance the cognitive function, Four Seasons Home Care has developed the Cognitive Therapy Wellness Program.
- Test recall. We create a list of friends, grocery items, things to do, etc., and have the client memorize it. In an hour, we see how many items they can recall.
- Play music. Play a new or familiar song and have them sing along.
- Do math in your head. We give various figures and have the client solve them without the aid of pencil or paper.
- Cook. Learn how to cook a new cuisine. Cooking uses a number of senses: smell, touch, sight, and taste, which all involve different parts of the brain.
- Learn a new word. A rich vocabulary has been linked to a reduced risk for cognitive decline.
- Create word pictures. Visualize the spelling of a word in your head, then try and think of any other words that begin or end with the same two letters.
- Draw a map from memory. Showing the client, a picture or after returning home from visiting a new place, try to draw a map of the area; repeat this exercise each time you visit a new location.
- Challenge your taste buds. When eating, try to identify individual ingredients in your meal, including subtle herbs and spices.
- Refine your hand-eye abilities. Take up a new hobby that involves fine-motor skills, such as knitting, drawing, painting, assembling a puzzle, etc.
- Learn a new hobby. Start doing an athletic exercise that utilizes both mind and body, such as yoga, piano, exercise routines, etc.
We record the results and compare it to previous months of the year to view progress and to make changes to help foster cognitive enhancement.
Ready to find out more?
View our services
Get Help with Info & Pricing
Let's Get Started